2011 Book Reviews, edited by David S. Stevenson
- Desert Towers: Fat Cat Summits and Kitty Litter Rock. By Steve “Crusher” Bartlett
- The Last Man on the Mountain: The Death of an American Adventurer on K2. By Jennifer Jordan
- One Mountain Thousand Summits, The Untold Story of Tragedy and True Heroism on K2. By Freddie Wilkinson.
- Fail Falling. By Royal Robbins
- Climbing—Philosophy for Everyone: Because It’s There. By Stephen E. Schmid
- Ron Fawcett Rock Athlete. By Ron Fawcett, with Ed Douglas
- The Sunny Top of California: Sierra Nevada Poems and a Story. By Norman Schaefer
- Unexpected: Thirty Years Of Patagonia Catalog Photography. By Jane Sievert & Jennifer Ridgeway
- Grasping for Heaven: Interviews with North American Mountaineers. By Frederic Hartemann & Robert Hauptman
- Pilgrims of the Vertical: Yosemite Rock Climbers and Nature at Risk. By Joseph E. Taylor III
2010 AAJ Book Reviews, edited by David S. Stevenson
- K2: Life and Death on the World’s Most Dangerous Mountain. By Ed Viesturs, with David Roberts
- K2: Lies and Treachery. By Robert Marshall
- Beyond the Mountain. By Steve House.
- To Be Brave, My Life, Volume 1. By Royal Robbins
- Early Days In the Range of Light: Encounters With Legendary Mountaineers. By Daniel Arnold
- The Stonemasters: California Rock Climbers In the Seventies. By Dean Fidelman, John Long, and others
- The Last Of His Kind; The Life and Adventures of Bradford Washburn, America’s Boldest Mountaineer. By David Roberts
- Pickets And Dead Men: Seasons on Rainier. By Bree Loewen
- Hooker & Brown. By Jerry Auld
2009 AAJ Book Reviews, edited by David S. Stevenson
- Fallen Giants: A History of Himalayan Mountaineering from the Age of Empire to the Age of Extremes. By Maurice Isserman & Stewart Weaver.
- Dark Summit: the True Story of Everest’s Most Controversial Season. By Nick Heil.
- High Crimes: the Fate of Everest in an Age of Greed. By Michael Kodas.
- Dead Lucky: My Journey Home from Everest. By Lincoln Hall.
- Thin White Line. By Andy Cave.
- Explorers of the Infinite: The Secret Spiritual Lives of Extreme Athletes—and What They Reveal About Near-Death Experiences, Psychic Communication, and Touching the Beyond. By Maria Coffey
- Forget Me Not: A Memoir. By Jennifer Lowe-Anker.
- Tomaz Humar. By Bernadette McDonald
- Vertical Ethiopia: Climbing Toward Possibility in the Horn of Africa. By Majka Burhardt, with color photography by Gabe Rogel.
- First Ascent: Pioneering Mountain Climbs. By Stephen Venables.
- Through a Land of Extremes: The Littledales of Central Asia. By Elizabeth and Nicholas Clinch.
2008 AAJ Book Reviews, edited by David S. Stevenson
Books published in 2007 and reviewed in the 2008 AAJ:
- Yosemite in the Sixties, by Glen Denny. Reviewed by Joe Fitschen
- Forever on the Mountain, by James M. Tabor. Reviewed by Jed Williamson
- Woman on the Rocks: The Mountaineering Letters of Ruth Dyar Mendenhall, edited by Valerie Mendenhall Cohen. Reviewed by Katie Ives
- Brotherhood of the Rope: the Biography of Charlie Houston, by Bernadette McDonald. Reviewed by Cameron M. Burns
- High Infatuation: A Climber’s Guide to Love and Gravity, by Steph Davis. Reviewed by Emily Stifler
- The Eiger Obsession: Facing the Mountain That Killed My Father, by John Harlin III. Reviewed by David Roberts
- Higher Than the Eagle Soars: A Path to Everest, by Stephen Venables. Reviewed by Jeff McCarthy
- Mountain Rescue Doctor: Wilderness Medicine in the Extremes of Nature, by Christopher Van Tilburg. Reviewed by Nicholas O’Connell
- Soul of the Heights—50 Years Going to the Mountains, by Ed Cooper. Reviewed by Gordon Wiltsie
- Night Driving, Invention of the Wheel & Other Blues, by Dick Dorworth. Reviewed by David Stevenson